Enter Edinburgh Libraries’ Breaking the News photography competition and become part of a community archive of Edinburgh memories.
Show us what’s happening in your area! Take a photograph that tells a story from your neighbourhood. The story can be big or small but should be related to your community.
For example, what is the greatest change happening where you live? What are people interested in locally? What events are taking place?
The competition is free to enter but all submissions must be submitted via Edinburgh Collected (www.edinburghcollected.org) where they will become part of an online community archive for Edinburgh. The image should be titled and can include a text description of up to 1500 characters but the image should really tell the story.
There are fantastic prizes to be won! Enter for a chance to win:
1st prize – afternoon tea for two at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
2nd prize – afternoon tea for two at the Mercure Hotel, Edinburgh
3rd prize – an Edinburgh Monopoly board game.
Entrants must create an account with Edinburgh Collected to upload your image(s) and add the tag ‘BreakingTheNews’ when uploading entries to the website so that they are identifiable. (Please also read the Edinburgh Collected terms and conditions.)
The competition runs from 1 April to 30 June 2022 and is open to all.
This competition is part of a wider project in collaboration with the British Library and the Living Knowledge Network of libraries on the theme of Breaking the News.
Terms and conditions
1. Closing date for entries is 30 June 2022
2. The photograph submitted must be your own work
3. You must agree to Edinburgh Collected terms and conditions
4. The place featured must be within the City of Edinburgh Council boundary
5. Add the tag ‘BreakingTheNews’ to all competition entries
6. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit, but there will be only one winning entry per participant.