Try the questions below in the third round of the Library Resource Management Team’s book quiz.
Answers will be revealed on Monday here on the blog.
1. From which language is the novel “The Elegance of the Hedgehog” translated?
2. With which title did Salman Rushdie win the Booker prize?
a) Moor’s Last Sigh
b) Satanic verses
c) Midnight’s Children
3. In what publication was Wilkie Collins’ novel “The Woman in White” first serialised?
a) “All the Year Round”
b) “Bentley’s Miscellany”
c) “Household Words”
4. What is the profession of C.J. Sansom’s character Shardlake?
5. Olive Kitteridge is married to a
c) Piano player
6. Complete the title of Sue Black’s book “All that remains”
a) A life in death
b) Life after death
c) Death is not the end
7. What is the name of the Labrador in Kate Atkinson’s novel “Big Sky”
8. Who features in “Elizabeth is Missing”?
9. In ‘His Bloody Project’ by Graeme Macrae Burnet from what village is Roderick Macrae?
10. In which novel by Jane Austen does the following quote appear?
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid”.
c) Northanger Abbey
c) Sense and Sensibility