Edinburgh Libraries invites you to submit an entry to the ‘My Edinburgh’ competition on Edinburgh Collected.
Add a photo of your favourite place in Edinburgh to Edinburgh Collected and tell us what makes it special to you.
The photography competition is free to enter but all submissions must be entered via the Edinburgh Collected website (www.edinburghcollected.org) where they will become part of a community archive for Edinburgh.
The competition is open to all, amateurs, enthusiasts, students and professionals alike. Your photo might show the place that offers your favourite view of the city, your favourite park, street, local café or pub. It doesn’t matter, so long as you tell us what makes that place special to you.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts from Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh Museums and Galleries and Edinburgh Napier University.
Entries will be judged on both their photographic merit and on the accompanying text about your favourite place in Edinburgh.
The deadline for entries is 31 August 2018 and winners will be chosen in September 2018.
Jessops Edinburgh have kindly donated the prizes. We will award a canvas print to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and the winner will also receive a voucher towards a Jessops Academy Photography Course.
Entrants must create an account with Edinburgh Collected to upload your image(s) and use the tag ‘competition18’ when uploading entries to the website so that they are identifiable. (Read the Edinburgh Collected terms and conditions.)
Competition terms and conditions
1. Closing date for entries is 31 August 2018
2. The photographs must be your own work
3. You must agree to Edinburgh Collected terms and conditions
4. The place featured must be within the City of Edinburgh Council boundary
5. All competition entries must be tagged ‘competition18’
6. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit, but there will be only one winning entry per participant