by a dyslexic library member
I am a reluctant reader because I find reading difficult. But I love books and am extremely motivated to engage with them. In this series of six blog posts, I would like to share some tips on overcoming a reluctance to read. By the term ‘reluctant reader’, I mean anyone who is reluctant to read for whatever reason, including reading difficulties and dyslexia.
Who are these blog posts aimed at?
- Everyone, whether you are a reluctant reader or not – what is good practice for reluctant readers is good practice for everyone else too.
What do these blog posts aim to do?
- Help reluctant readers to engage with books
- Show how easy and effective it can be to adopt an approach to books that uses your strengths and addresses your difficulties
- Give information on library services and other resources
In a nutshell, what is the content of these blog posts?
- 7 ways to overcome a reluctance to read
- some booklists that can help reluctant readers
- how to recommend books using booklists and reviews
Look out for next Friday’s post which will look at how using more than one format can help reluctant readers to engage with books.